Re: Need advice on moving from 10 to 20 gallon batches.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:44 am

I rarely worry about the trub. Basic Brewing Radio had an episode on this a few years ago and Marshall from Brulosophy did an experiment as well:
http://brulosophy.com/2015/03/22/the-im ... t-results/
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Bugeater wrote:There is aren't many options for anything other than flat bottoms for affordable brew kettles. ...

As far as knockout goes, you will need to be using a pump to move wort around anyway.

I was thinking that there was a one barrel Sanke, so I did a little research and I found a guy that made a brew rig with them! Unfortunately, they seem to be out of production, and extremely rare.

I use a gravity rig. The only pump in the system is used to vourlauf through the heat exchanger. Kettle to fermentor is also gravity, and with a 34 inch fall I'm getting 1 GPM through my Thermonator on average. I guess I could split the flow and use two Thermonators, but then I would have to manage two fermentors that got full at about the same time. lol

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know that I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:24 am

NateBrews wrote:When you say "issues", are you referring to the brewing addiction you are suffering from or the kettle?

(sorry, I didn't have any useful input. I can't drink it fast enough to bother with anything bigger than 5 gallon batches)

+1
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing