Re: i brewed my second beer today

Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Yeah, the mess is annoying, but the mess of crap coming out of it means that the oxygen didn't have a chance to go in. I would call this a success story. Call it a Volcano Weisse.
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:25 am

Volcán de Colima
thats right by Jalisco where the agave is from.
im thinking Colima he gose
grod31

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:36 pm

tested my gravity the other day im up to 4.20
the beer taste cheep. needs more coriander and salt. the tartness is good my friend said it was tart enough but i dont agree.
in a month or so ill taste again. then at some point ill dry hop and if im still not happy with the tartness ill add lactic acid.
grod31

Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Up to 4.20? Is that % abv? If the gravity reading is dropping and it is generating acid, then you might not be getting as much abv since some of it is being turned into acid instead of alcohol.

Also, keep in mind that if you don't have carbonation in the beer, it will taste thin and kinda crappy. A little bit of that will go a long way to filling out the mouthfeel of the beer.
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:07 am

4.20 was the alc
the gravity was 1.037 and now it looks like 1.005
i hope the carbonation makes a world of difference cause im happy with the tart in the beginning im happy with the wheat flavor at the end but something is missing.
grod31

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing