Brewing on the dark side.....AG

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:12 am

Thankyou BN, Dr Scott, Gucci, Dan Gorden, Jamil, Bub, Push, White brothers, The Puppet, Denny Conn, Chicken Boy, Drakes, OZ, Morgan, Lunchmeat/JP, 21A, Pliney/Vinnie, Lufah, and of course Daniela....

Special thanks to Krotchrott for the phenominal video on AG brewing...

My conical is bubbling away, my first AG batch, with a beautiful bumbershoot Blonde!

Never would have happened without the BN and cast of characters...oh yeah, THANKS JUSTIN!!

Bubble..Bubble...Bubble....
lucybear000

Re: Brewing on the dark side.....AG

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:19 am

lucybear000 wrote:Thankyou BN, Dr Scott, Gucci, Dan Gorden, Jamil, Bub, Push, White brothers, The Puppet, Denny Conn, Chicken Boy, Drakes, OZ, Morgan, Lunchmeat/JP, 21A, Pliney/Vinnie, Lufah, and of course Daniela....

Special thanks to Krotchrott for the phenominal video on AG brewing...

My conical is bubbling away, my first AG batch, with a beautiful bumbershoot Blonde!

Never would have happened without the BN and cast of characters...oh yeah, THANKS JUSTIN!!

Bubble..Bubble...Bubble....

Congrats! I switched to AG a few batches ago after watching a friend do it a few times. I have to say the BN has helped A LOT as well. I like it since you are in charge of everything. You can make good beer with extract, but you can better understand WHY it's good beer with All-Grain.

~Matt
Sergeant, BN Army!

Member of the Mid-State Brew Crew
Techie101

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:15 am

Welcome to the All Grain Club and to the BN Forums! No complaints about your first AG batch? I can see why Justin was last to be thanked!

Congrats, and hope it turns out well!
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:26 am

you are welcome
Thank God All Mighty For Titties and Beer
Ozbrewer

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:32 am

Congrats! We'll take our payment in beer of course :shock:

Travis
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:21 pm

Welcom to AG. I too just made the jump and I'm not looking back. I hope that you enjoy the difference as much as I do. I've made the same recipe twice and I'm having too much fun playing with all of the subtleties that are now at my disposal.
Have fun with it. That's what it's good for.
I'm not a slacker in society. I'm an over achieving homeless person.

Drunk posting should be reserved for The RAT PAD!!
beer_bear

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:14 pm

Holey Shit.... I got noticed :oops:
Congrats on the AG.. You don't HAVE to send me any but I may mention you in a good way in one of my rants if you do!
BUB
Lunch Meet "Limpian" Gold Medalist (x2) 2006
Winner of <b>NO PANTS</b> award 2006 and 2007
Make your own beer website... starting at $10 per YEAR.
www.bubweb.com & www.momenttoponder.com
bub
Global Moderator

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:20 pm

Oh joy...(soon) I can join the beer swap!

Bear...yes, I watched your jump into AG closely-- it was cool to get a preview of what could/would happen.

Even though it took a little longer than LME/DME, I really liked not having to kill the boil, to add extract, to restart the boil.

I also noticed a HUGE difference in the size of the initial boil...lots of ugly stuff boiled off.

Hit a 1.050 SG, which was a couple points higher than expected, but that's part of the dial in, I'm guessing. Efficiency was approx 75% if I did the math correctly.

I wish I had better temp control... Oh well.
lucybear000

Next

Return to All Grain Brewing