Fuck I gota quit drinking so much while brewing.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:53 pm

What an ASSHAT I was. Fuck 15 Lbs of Grain wonderfull hops and I got drunk (must have) and put a fermaintion lock on the primary WHAT AN ASSHAT I WAS. Nedlesy to say it blew the fermentaitom lock across the room and spued a good amount on the floor Now being sober I put one of two blowoff tubes that were unused at the time on the primary. It may have been poped for 12 Hours Max. Do you guys think I should dump this AIPA.????????????????????????????????????????????????
Chaos-in-mt

Re: Fuck I gota quit drinking so much while brewing.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:54 pm

Chaos-in-mt wrote:What an ASSHAT I was. Fuck 15 Lbs of Grain wonderfull hops and I got drunk (must have) and put a fermaintion lock on the primary WHAT AN ASSHAT I WAS. Nedlesy to say it blew the fermentaitom lock across the room and spued a good amount on the floor Now being sober I put one of two blowoff tubes that were unused at the time on the primary. It may have been poped for 12 Hours Max. Do you guys think I should dump this AIPA.????????????????????????????????????????????????

I wouldn't.
code
codewritinfool

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:23 pm

I will see what it does I had great hopes for this Beer. OK on to this years homegrown hop harvest ale next week. I think the hops are looking about ready (maybe).
Chaos-in-mt

Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:53 pm

I was expecting something much worse... ride this one out.

Push Eject
Asshat of the Year ('06)
Proud Drunk of the Year Nominee ('08)
Beevo, "I burned my tongue."
Doc, "Slow down."
Gadgets
CoVBS
Push Eject
Butcher

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:25 am

No way. I had a brown ale go nuts and blow the fermentation lock, spewing brown wort everywhere. I didn't realize it until a day after it had happened, and I thought all was lost.

I said, ah screw it. Might as well let it finish out. Turned out to be just fine... granted not perfect... but very drinkable. Why waste...
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:55 am

This kind of falls under the "stranger things have happened" catagory. I have heard it somewhere on one of the shows about the CO2 levels in the fermenters during primary ferm. I would bet that the CO2 in there could have kept most of the baddies out. I have to say F-it also. What's the worst that could happen? If it's not what you expected just pass it out to friends and tell them that it's a new kind of LambicBelgianWortHeffeWiezen. They'll just nod their heads and deal with the flavors. :lol:

Good luck. I bet it turns out just fine. :D
I'm not a slacker in society. I'm an over achieving homeless person.

Drunk posting should be reserved for The RAT PAD!!
beer_bear

Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:46 pm

Thanks Guys

I know RELAX and have a Homebrew.

It will be what it is and I know it will get you drunk :lol:
Chaos-in-mt

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Chill, A lot of people do What you you did SOBER. :lol:
hotrod38

Next

Return to All Grain Brewing