Re: Cold Break and Hydrometer Readings

Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:03 pm

dont piss off aj. :wink: we need him!

i hardly believe you need to be a religious listener to be a member of these forums. besides, i consider aj to be one of the most valuable contributors on these boards.
-Tyson
whiteManCanHop

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Joos wrote:You were serious?!?!

Yes.

Joos wrote:You don't listen to the show?

No. In these days of neo-prohibitionism I guess I don't consider "drunk of the week", eructation and discussion of dildos consistent with the image that I think home brewing ought to project. But I'm an old retired fart. I was, however, an undergraduate at one time.

Joos wrote:No offense bud, but what the hell are you doing on the forum?

Trying to raise the level of discourse?

whiteManCanHop wrote:i consider aj to be one of the most valuable contributors on these boards.

Thank you. It's comments like that that really explain why I am here.
ajdelange

Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:09 pm

I'm normally not one to be a dick or anything, but now your insulting the BN and your on their forum? Your a weird dude. There are plenty of other forums out there with out the "dildo" and "DOTW" and well a sense of humor. Again not trying to insult you man, but why are you here?
Another bag of brix
Joos

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 pm

I agree keep aj around he is a very informed individual ;) I like hearing his information..the Sunday Session is not for everyone that show is not about making great beer...though I bet he would like brew strong a little more..
Stinkfist

Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 pm

If that's his attitude towards the Sunday Session, we are lucky he bothers at all with the forum! Things aren't much more grown up here!

That said, I do appreciate all the beer informacion he provides.
Fermenting - Sour/hoppy Belgian Pale
On deck - ?
Kegged - Belgian Wit
brewerTristan

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:11 am

Stinkfist wrote:though I bet he would like brew strong a little more..

Yes, I do (and have even "appeared" on it). But guess what? I don't like all the channels that my cable provider makes available and don't watch some of them. But of course others do. Listen to what you like, don't listen to what you don't and show others the courtesy of allowing them to do the same.

OTOH if I lived in some southern state (I do) where homebrewing were illegal (it isn't) but the legislature were considering legalization and I were a proponent (I certainly would be) I would play them recordings of Brew Strong episodes (probably ones with Charlie Bamforth). If I were an opponent I would play them recordings of the Sunday Session. You couldn't ask for better ammunition.
ajdelange

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 am

Hey Joos,

Don't be a dick, :asshat: .

AJ has street cred, he speaks rather inteligently about technical aspects of brewing that we all could learn.
Do you?

Regards,
Alan
alan_marks

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:42 am

I like having AJ on the board and on the shows. The guy knows his stuff and the tech knowledge he dishes out so freely here is awesome. We all don't have to like or listen to all the shows. Then BN offers a range of opportunities. I listen to all of the podcasts because I like them and there is a mix of knowledge and entertainment. Not everyone thinks that dick and fart jokes are funny. So what?

Mills
:bnarmy:
Sergeant: BN Army - Michigan Brewing Division

I've been pounding Chad's Dunkel all night.

- Doc

Twitter: @adammmills Follow me, yo!

http://thosewhocantteachbrew.blogspot.com
Mills

PreviousNext

Return to All Grain Brewing