Re: Who is brewing, right now?

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:30 pm

BigNastyBrew wrote:I grew up in Knoxville, TN, brotha man! Doyle (then became South Doyle) High School. The 115° weather here is much more fucking miserable than it ever was back home.

I'll have to take your word for it. Last time I was in Pheonix in July, it felt like a cool spring day to me. I do remember that it was sunny as fuck though... Also, I haven't been out west in over 20 years.

I grew up in Oak Ridge TN but I own a house now in Mount Olive neighborhood, just a few miles north of Doyle High!
An aside: you know where is hot as fuck? Washington DC. You wouldn't think so, but I always have a hard time with the heat when I visit there. Funy thing is that the locals act like they live in the north, to which I reply, "have you looked at a map of the Mason Dixon Line?"
Brandt

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Just cooled down a German Pilsener and will pitch in the morning when it reaches 50 degrees. Also threw a handful of grains into an extra 1500 ml of wort to see if I can get some lactobacillus growing. If so, I'll dump it into my Berliner Weisse mash next weekend to sour it up.
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:42 am

"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:21 am

Here I am at 9:15 on a Tuesday morning. Half way through the mash for an ESB and drinking my first beer of the day. Getting ready to keg my Cranberry Bitter. I'm not a huge fruit beer fan but I thought I would take on the challenge. The flat warm sample actually tastes pretty good. This would be a great beer to serve with some BBQ ribs or maybe even Thanksgiving dinner with some of my Oatmeal Raisin Cookie beer for dessert.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:58 am

Bugeater wrote:Here I am at 9:15 on a Tuesday morning. Half way through the mash for an ESB and drinking my first beer of the day. Getting ready to keg my Cranberry Bitter. I'm not a huge fruit beer fan but I thought I would take on the challenge. The flat warm sample actually tastes pretty good. This would be a great beer to serve with some BBQ ribs or maybe even Thanksgiving dinner with some of my Oatmeal Raisin Cookie beer for dessert.

Wayne

I'm also brewing an ESB right now. That cranberry bitter sounds like a cool idea.
Fermenting - Sour/hoppy Belgian Pale
On deck - ?
Kegged - Belgian Wit
brewerTristan

Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 am

I recently brewed a Cranberry Pale Ale. I'm not a fan of fruit beer either, but I made it for a family gathering. The crowd loved the beer (especially the wine drinkers) and it even grew on me. The flavor was strongly reminiscent of a sour beer - it was like a faux lambic. Nice and dry, but with a great tartness.
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Tonight: Rauchbier
Yesterday: Albuquerque Ale with Green Chile

Note the snowcovered deer, awaiting spent grain and the great East Coast Blizzard of '09.
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Now that's a maun! I'd be in my jammies sipping a barley wine.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to All Grain Brewing