Barleywine!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Woot! My barleywine is fermenting like a champ! Happy fellow I am!

fulkrum78

Re: Barleywine!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:27 pm

hows it doing?
snowcapt

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:32 pm

snowcapt wrote:hows it doing?

So far so good! Sitting in a keg atm. Will cold crash and carb in about two months, then drink it a week before Christmas.
fulkrum78

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

fulkrum78 wrote:

So far so good! Sitting in a keg atm. Will cold crash and carb in about two months, then drink it a week before Christmas.

just be sure to bottle 12 of em and put them away.
I made one yesterday and its gonna be gooood. I hope! My 3rd one since jan
snowcapt

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:07 am

snowcapt wrote:just be sure to bottle 12 of em and put them away.

Last Sat we celebrated my club's 30th anniversary and so cracked open a few bottles of the bareleywine we did for the 25th anniversary. Five years old and that stuff is fantastic! So put down as many as you can and resist temptation! You really shouldn't drink it until it's 2 years old at least but I know you are human and that's not going to happen.

One additional note: I put it in champagne bottles with corks and caps with the result that it is quite well carbonated even at 5 yrs.
ajdelange

Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:25 am

ajdelange wrote:
snowcapt wrote:just be sure to bottle 12 of em and put them away.

Last Sat we celebrated my club's 30th anniversary and so cracked open a few bottles of the bareleywine we did for the 25th anniversary. Five years old and that stuff is fantastic! So put down as many as you can and resist temptation! You really shouldn't drink it until it's 2 years old at least but I know you are human and that's not going to happen.

One additional note: I put it in champagne bottles with corks and caps with the result that it is quite well carbonated even at 5 yrs.

Thats awesome. When I went to my sisters house in MI, I left 12 barleywines and 12 bottles of mead that I made! Super Stash!
I am human and I cant trust myself with that stuff!
I told her to bring me 0ne bottle of each when she comes here for xmas. :jnj
snowcapt

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 am

fulkrum78 wrote:

That quote just made me think: Would'nt it be great if atm machines had a keg inside with a tap that would dispanse a pint of Barleywine if you wanted and just charge your account when you got your cash out. :drink
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Return to Fermentation