Made this for some friends one day. I'm not too keen on keeping real recipes and like to improvise and season to taste, so if this seems half-thought-through I accept the compliment. Here goes nothing:
(2) whole chickens
(2) beer cans, tops removed (be careful, it's sharp!)
(1-2) beers (micro-brew, home-brew, hoppy, whatever)
some fresh leaf hops (your fav will do)
black peppercorns (whole damnit!)
whole carrots cut into 2-3" pieces
small red potatoes (quartered)
crimini mushrooms (that's "baby portabella" for you non-fungi-literates)
1. pre-heat oven to 350-ish (325 is okay, whatever suits your fancy)
2. combine hops, herbs, pepper, and salt in food processor. Drizzle oil until mix begins to form a paste.
3. Coat inside and outside of birdies w/ mixture.
4. Fill beer cans half-way with beer. place birds on cans in roasting pan.
5. scatter veggies around the rest of the pan. sprinkle w/ some salt/pepper, drizzle w. oil.
bake for 35 min or until birds and veggies are done. Drink liberally during this time in case food is under/over seasoned/cooked. Enjoy! This was pretty damn tasty when I tried it. Just mix seasoning until it smells good - it will probably taste good if your nose approves.