Re: Brewing forums seem to be dead across the board. Why?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Brewshki wrote:It is such a bummer to see threads like this. I have been brewing for almost 2 and a half years and am full guns a 'blazing still. Well, as much as I can with work and other life commitments. Listening through the archives, I wish I could have been around for the old days! I am definitely planning on hanging out long enough to see everything hopefully come back. Craft beer may just be getting larger, but
hopefully that means more people will take an interest in brewing.

We can only hope so!! Learning to brew my own great beer is so much more satisfying then buying someone else's no matter how good it is!!
menace2sobriety

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 pm

menace2sobriety wrote:We can only hope so!! Learning to brew my own great beer is so much more satisfying then buying someone else's no matter how good it is!!

+1! I like to buy (and drink) good beer, but I'm a DIY guy, and I like to cook and do stuff around the house. Making my own beer (and particularly my own _*GOOD*_ beer) has been a quantum leap in my personal achievements! And one that I am very proud of.

I have some friends that don't do shit: They go to work and go home. They sit around the house and watch TV. Most of them don't even mow their own yards! What can I say? I'm not like that.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know that I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:23 pm

OK, my $0.02

I am on the board of my local 55 member homebrew club. I love the forum, but yes since getting more involved in my homebrew club, I need a faster information pathway, and that mainly comes from the books, periodicals and internet. Not necessarily forums. Great people and advice, but I need to make the presentations and make them fast at times. I used to post quite frequently, but found I was not getting the advice I needed in the time I needed. I still troll just to see what people are talking about and look for interesting topics I can use.

Will always be in the background watching! :)
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Previous

Return to New Users