Hello All, from Leicestershire in the UK

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:13 am

Hello All!

34 Years Old and have been brewing since my Grandfather taught me 20 years ago now. Have a very small micro (more of a nano) brewery based right in the middle of the UK in Leicestershire known locally as Heart of the Forest Brewery. Mostly I love recreating really old recipes, but make staple beers too such as 'venture forth' a nicely balanced session-able bitter.

Am incredibly lucky as my other half is also a real ale fan and works at the National Brewery Centre in Burton upon Trent and regularly gives talks and tours all about beer (especially about the female element and the social history - as she says she likes to take the beards out of the beer)

Also, Thanks to the last interview with Dr Charlie Bamforth and discovering he's coming into Burton, I've got the chance to meet up with him next week (really cant wait, the guys an absolute legend).

So yeah, The shows are great, and I have to say thanks for all I have learned from everyone. I discovered Brewing Network quite a long time ago, been a long time listener and lurker in the forums, thought it was about time to say Hello!

Al
darksideofal

Re: Hello All, from Leicestershire in the UK

Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Welcome!
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Return to New Users