Re: New Hello From Tuscon, AZ

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:Welcome!

Good tips form these guys. Most importantly, enjoy yourself and learn from your mistakes. That and start another right after the first one is done!

+1! The first batch may suck, but having another in the pipeline will help you stay the course.

Also, go through the session archives and look for their special shows, like extract, hops, yeast, Honesty in All Grain. There's tons of basic brewing stuff there amidst all the dick jokes. Don't hesitate to ask for advice. I like to say advice is a lot like assholes and this place is full of 'em! :mrgreen:

Welcome!
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:Also, go through the session archives and look for their special shows, like extract, hops, yeast, Honesty in All Grain. There's tons of basic brewing stuff there amidst all the dick jokes. Don't hesitate to ask for advice. I like to say advice is a lot like assholes and this place is full of 'em! :mrgreen:

Good point. I will go back to the old-old Jamil Show archives with Plise to brush up on the style before brewday.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:23 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:
Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:Also, go through the session archives and look for their special shows, like extract, hops, yeast, Honesty in All Grain. There's tons of basic brewing stuff there amidst all the dick jokes. Don't hesitate to ask for advice. I like to say advice is a lot like assholes and this place is full of 'em! :mrgreen:

Good point. I will go back to the old-old Jamil Show archives with Plise to brush up on the style before brewday.

I'm also talking about the early Session shows. J had theme shows that were informative in a more general way.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:12 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:
TheDarkSide wrote:

I'm also talking about the early Session shows. J had theme shows that were informative in a more general way.

Those were the shows where Plise said he has had it in the can and Jamil has not. :mrgreen:
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:25 am

Welcome chef! :jnj
Fermenting: Black IPA, Barley Wine, Cider and Imperial Stout

Current man crush: Warren

Previous man crushes: Nathan, Tasty, JP and Justin

Future man crush: Maybe Jamil or Doc

:bnarmy: SGT ScottyB-Brewing :bnarmy:
ScottyB-Brewing