Greetings from Alexandria, MN!

Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:12 pm

Greetings from Alexandria, MN! I'm a technical analyst at Verizon Wireless, and I just received my first brewing starter kit this November (2011), and have already taken quite a shine to the art of brewing. I actually found this site while Googling "Where can I get a Carbon Dioxide tank filled in Alexandria, MN" because I just got a Kegerator, 2 cornys, and a 2-tap tower. Super amped to get that up and running, but first I need to figure out which auto parts store in Alexandria snowcapt uses. Well, that about does it, but it's a pleasure to have a place to post and research all of my krausen and trub related questions.

BennoTron
BennoTron

Re: Greetings from Alexandria, MN!

Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Welcome! There's a pretty good crowd of MN folk here. For your CO2 supply just check out your local welding supply shop.

Are you a system performance guy? I'm in and out of the Bloomington MTSO all the time, installed at least 50% of the hardware there.
MNHazmat

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Welcome! This is a great place to learn and laugh about brewing. Brew strong!
Be Excellent To Each Other...
Fierce Beard

Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Welcome!
Stinkfist

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:34 am

Welcome to the Asylum! :jnj
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:16 pm

Welcome, and if you don't hear from SnowCapt by the time you need that tank filled, just go down to the Douglas Co Jail at 509 3rd Ave W and ask him. He's probably gotten all kinds of connections in there by now. Like, if you need it filled with nitrous or somethin :D
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 am

BennoTron wrote:Greetings from Alexandria, MN! I'm a technical analyst at Verizon Wireless, and I just received my first brewing starter kit this November (2011), and have already taken quite a shine to the art of brewing. I actually found this site while Googling "Where can I get a Carbon Dioxide tank filled in Alexandria, MN" because I just got a Kegerator, 2 cornys, and a 2-tap tower. Super amped to get that up and running, but first I need to figure out which auto parts store in Alexandria snowcapt uses. Well, that about does it, but it's a pleasure to have a place to post and research all of my krausen and trub related questions.

BennoTron

Welcome to the big show!
I go to Rocket Auto for my CO2. It cost $80(I think) to buy the tank and it is $16 to exchange an empty for a full.
Shoot me a pm with your info, and we will definitely brew when I am done with my current incarceration!
snowcapt

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm not sure who around here does welding supplies and such, but I'll look into it :)
I'm cooking up a Northern Brewer Nut Brown extract Kit this weekend!

BennoTron

Primary One - India Pale Ale
Primary Two - Air

Secondary One - Air
Secondary Two - Air

Corny Keg One - Air
Corny Keg Two - Air

Bottled - NB Sweet Stout from extract Kit - Rate 8/10
Bottled - NB Cream Ale from extract Kit - Rate 8.5/10
Bottled - Indian Summer Hard Cider - Rated 6/10 - *Not Finished until 2/12/12 (But I had to try some early)*
BennoTron

Next

Return to New Users