new mead maker from Pittsburgh

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 am

Hi all,
I am new to the forum, so just thought I'd drop you a line. I'm from Pittsburgh, PA, and am new to the brewing scene. I am starting out with mead, and have just bottled my first batch of sweet mead (successfully or not...we will see after aging). I was just introduced to the forum-it seems like a great way to share experiences on home brewing. Thanks to the moderators and members for sharing their experiences!
Best,
Keith
mugisha

Re: new mead maker from Pittsburgh

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:55 am

Welcome!
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:34 am

Welcome to the BN and brewing! Keep us informed on how your mead is doing (hint, be patient). If you have any questions about almost anything, feel free to ask. Lots of great brewers on here quite willing to help make your brews better.

Next step, get another batch going so you don't run out of one while waiting on the next. :jnj

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Nice to have another person from the 'Burgh aboard. Nothing like a sweet mead to wash down Primanti's sandwich.
Spelt

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:30 am

Always great to have another Yinzer on here. If Bugeater offers you any advice, take it! You will quickly learn that there are a lot of people on here that know what the hell they are talking about. Get brewing all grain asap, you're going to make the jump eventually so just do it now. Boobookittyfuck resides in the Burgh, send him a PM and ask him questions about the local homebrew clubs. Enjoy the mead next year, in the mean time make a few batches a beer, cider and mead! Go Steelers! Lets Go Pens! and how bout dem Bucco's?! 1.5 games out of first...wow. Also on the forum, ZZ seems to be a decent guy but he's a Caps fan, tell him to suck it every chance you get;) :jnj Drew
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:15 am

Hi All,
Thanks for the replies! Wayne, I've already realized with my first batch of sweet mead that patience is needed...so I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from slow fermentation and aging! And to my PGH friends: I dont know if anyone goes to TRASH meetings, but I was thinking about checking it out. Go Bucs!
Keith
mugisha

Return to New Users