Hi From Nebraska

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:36 am

Hi everybody! New to the network and thought I should introduce myself. Found the show a few months ago, and have been listening to the archives like mad ever since. Just signed up for Private First class within the army. Been brewing on and off for about six years, but have revved up my efforts hardcore for the last year and a half, and moved up to all grain about eight months ago. Just entered my first competition with a local brewery, and looking for some local critique if any Nebraska brewers are willing to try or trade some homebrews :D Anyhow, not to sound long-winded, Cheers!
Theoryandmethod

Re: Hi From Nebraska

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:33 am

Good on you for donating! :D
Welcome to the Madhouse! :jnj
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:40 am

Welcome to the club. Always good to see another Lincolnite and Nebraska native in the forum. There are a few of us. Are you a member of the Lincoln Lagers as well? That is a great place to meet some local brewers and trade ideas and homebrews. We meet monthly, generally the first Thursday of the month. We will be meeting at Misty's on the 1st. You can go to the Lagers website for more info:

http://www.lincolnlagers.com/

Good luck on the Beer Quest entry. I look forward to sampling and judging some great entries tonite in the elimination round!

Cheers!
Hoser
Hoser

Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Not a member of the Lincoln lagers, didn't even know we had a local club. If my work schedule allows I will try to make it to a meeting to check it out. Thanks for the good luck. By the way have you tried any of the beers from the new brewery in town "blue blood "? And if so what where your thoughts on the canned beer?
Theoryandmethod

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Not bad for a first attempt. But, I have had better. No where to go but up right.? I am sure they will improve, unfortunately their 2 beers are not the styles I prefer to drink. I won't be in attendance at the public tasting next week because I will be judging at the KC Biermeisters comp, but there should be several of our members in attendendance at the public tasting if you want to get acquainted with the Lincoln Lagers.
Hoser
Hoser

Return to New Users