The Brewing Network 7/3/05 Show

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:40 am

This week on The Brewing Network the topic of discussion will be homebrew competitions and style guidelines. Past Homebrewer of the Year and 2004 Ninkasi Award winner Jamil Zainasheff will be in the studio to answer your calls and online questions. Also, we'll play a beer style trivia game in which you can win prizes! As always host Justin, B3's Jonathan Plise and DOZE President Doctor Scott will be on hand to keep things lively. The show airs tomorrow, Sunday, July 3rd at 5:00 pm Pacific time. Go to www.thebrewingnetwork.com to listen to the webcast, post on the forum or talk to the brewcasters in the chat room. See you there!
"Make beer not war"

Currently fermenting: Firestone Walker Pale 31 clone
Conditioning: Nothing
On draught: Nothing

Watch episodes of BYOB TV: http://www.kofytv.com/byob-tv/archive/
BeerPal

Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:00 am

The July 3 show was awesome. Jamil gave out some great tips. I'd repeat them here, and he was really gracious about giving them out, but I'd rather let him (or someone else more entitled) do so... Hey, maybe we ought to have a tip library?

I also really liked everybody giving KrOtchRott (aka Christian) a review of his beers. Even though we can't taste them, we can learn (and I did) from the critiques.

Good job guys. I make a special effort to record these shows - I'll be able to free up some hard disk space once the archive's up... 8)

Here's to you (raised homebrew in hand...),
Fred
hiroller173

Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:29 am

Hey thanks very much Fred. I thought Jamil was great about giving his tips and info on the show also. ANd I think a tips segment on the forum is a great idea too. That would give us more tips to play on the air also. As for the Krotchrott beers, we loved getting listener beer and doing a segment on them. we encourage others to send in samples so we can do evaluations weekly.

See ya next week
justin

ps. We'll know about the archive section and full website within days...
Brewcaster J

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:53 pm

I finally got a chance to listen. Great Show. How long did it end up running? I had to jump off and go to work at 10:50EST.

Travis
Lufah

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:11 pm

When are the replays? I've been checking in at 8 pm my time (the time the live show comes on, 5 pacific) and it's not been on. What's the replay schedule?
Darel

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:16 pm

I thhink on Wednesdays. Justin will hopefully let ya know for sure.

Travis
Lufah

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:22 am

hiroller173 wrote:The July 3 show was awesome. Jamil gave out some great tips. I'd repeat them here, and he was really gracious about giving them out, but I'd rather let him (or someone else more entitled) do so... Hey, maybe we ought to have a tip library?

Thanks for the kind words.

If it was good information, feel free to repeat it. If it was bad advice, I'm sure I never said it. :D

I sent Jonathan the three recipes requested, so they can be posted to the website. I also gave Jonathan a bottle of each beer (Scottish 80/-, Vanilla Robust Porter, and Southern English Brown) to send to the trivia winner. (Who was it that won?)

JZ
jamilz

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:35 am

I tried to get thru to ask you a question, Jamil, but I never could. I liked the show, however.
Triple Freak

Next

Return to Beer Radio