Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:37 pm

You know what you have to do!!! Has anyone ever asked the white labs crew?
User avatar
lunchbox
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm
Location: NC

Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:39 am

It's been done, at least once :

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=23562

If you plated your girlfriends vag and really isolated a single yeast colony (sans the other funky bunch), and grew up a starter, and brewed a beer with it - would you drink it? Would your friends drink it, if you told them where the strain came from?

I personally wouldn't have a problem tasting it, if it was isolated in this manner. Just another wild yeast. I doubt it would taste like beer, though.

I think that the vast majority of people think that they would get some other microbiota in there. There's a huge difference between isolating a wild yeast and having some skank dip their meat curtains in your beer.


Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
User avatar
Mylo
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4743
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:21 pm

There are many types of yeast in the world. Sacharomyces is just one type of yeast. And most sacharomyces species do not make good beer. There's no reason to think that all yeasts would be good for making beer.

The vaginal yeast is called Called candida. Have you ever smelled a yeast infection? There is a very, very, very good reason why no one would ever make Candida beer. I guarantee you, no one would want to make a beer that smells literally like shit or like week-old fish.

Mylo wrote:It's been done, at least once :

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=23562

If you plated your girlfriends vag and really isolated a single yeast colony (sans the other funky bunch), and grew up a starter, and brewed a beer with it - would you drink it? Would your friends drink it, if you told them where the strain came from?

I personally wouldn't have a problem tasting it, if it was isolated in this manner. Just another wild yeast. I doubt it would taste like beer, though.

I think that the vast majority of people think that they would get some other microbiota in there. There's a huge difference between isolating a wild yeast and having some skank dip their meat curtains in your beer.


Mylo
EGADS! 3 MONTHS WITHOUT BREWING? MOVING YOU SUCK.... NEVER AGAIN

In Kegerator - Hopfen Weiss, Best Bitter
In Primary - Baby Baine Barleywine
Next up: Petite Saison
User avatar
thatguy314
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:14 pm
Location: Bronx, NY

Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:33 pm

thatguy314 wrote:There are many types of yeast in the world. Sacharomyces is just one type of yeast. And most sacharomyces species do not make good beer. There's no reason to think that all yeasts would be good for making beer.

The vaginal yeast is called Called candida. Have you ever smelled a yeast infection? There is a very, very, very good reason why no one would ever make Candida beer. I guarantee you, no one would want to make a beer that smells literally like shit or like week-old fish.


You ever brewed a lager? Smells absolutely awful while fermenting. I don't know if it's fair to say that just because the yeast smells bad, the beer will. Plus you're talking about a yeast infection. Normally, I like me the smell of a healthy vajayjay.
User avatar
Beergasm
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:12 am

Beergasm wrote:
thatguy314 wrote:There are many types of yeast in the world. Sacharomyces is just one type of yeast. And most sacharomyces species do not make good beer. There's no reason to think that all yeasts would be good for making beer.

The vaginal yeast is called Called candida. Have you ever smelled a yeast infection? There is a very, very, very good reason why no one would ever make Candida beer. I guarantee you, no one would want to make a beer that smells literally like shit or like week-old fish.


You ever brewed a lager? Smells absolutely awful while fermenting. I don't know if it's fair to say that just because the yeast smells bad, the beer will. Plus you're talking about a yeast infection. Normally, I like me the smell of a healthy vajayjay.


I'm not talking about a healthy vajayjay. Candida infected vagina has the classic descriptor of "fishy" (think really old stinky fish) and is often associated a white "cottage cheese" like vaginal discharge
EGADS! 3 MONTHS WITHOUT BREWING? MOVING YOU SUCK.... NEVER AGAIN

In Kegerator - Hopfen Weiss, Best Bitter
In Primary - Baby Baine Barleywine
Next up: Petite Saison
User avatar
thatguy314
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:14 pm
Location: Bronx, NY

Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:29 am

thatguy314 wrote:I'm not talking about a healthy vajayjay. Candida infected vagina has the classic descriptor of "fishy" (think really old stinky fish) and is often associated a white "cottage cheese" like vaginal discharge


Just threw up a little in my mouth, oh wait, nope! Just threw up a lot! Image
BadRock
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 4905
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:28 am
Location: Thornton, Colorado

Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:10 am

Smells like fish , tastes like chicken.......just sayin'!!


Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.


Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
User avatar
Whitebeard_Brewer
 
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Biloxi, Ms.

Re: the clam-bic re-emurges!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 pm

thatguy314 wrote:
Beergasm wrote:
thatguy314 wrote:There are many types of yeast in the world. Sacharomyces is just one type of yeast. And most sacharomyces species do not make good beer. There's no reason to think that all yeasts would be good for making beer.

The vaginal yeast is called Called candida. Have you ever smelled a yeast infection? There is a very, very, very good reason why no one would ever make Candida beer. I guarantee you, no one would want to make a beer that smells literally like shit or like week-old fish.


You ever brewed a lager? Smells absolutely awful while fermenting. I don't know if it's fair to say that just because the yeast smells bad, the beer will. Plus you're talking about a yeast infection. Normally, I like me the smell of a healthy vajayjay.


I'm not talking about a healthy vajayjay. Candida infected vagina has the classic descriptor of "fishy" (think really old stinky fish) and is often associated a white "cottage cheese" like vaginal discharge


Well thanks for that. I'm officially never eating out again..
User avatar
Beergasm
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]

A BIT ABOUT US

The Brewing Network is a multimedia resource for brewers and beer lovers. Since 2005, we have been the leader in craft beer entertainment and information with live beer radio, podcasts, video, events and more.