Re: Surprise! Jamil Show: Can You Brew It tonight!

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:35 am

thanks Nathan, Juicy, JZ, and the dude from Green Flash (forget his name) it was great show, cant wait to try this.
Consuming: Oat Porter, Dubbel, BDS
Waiting: Ahtanum Pale, Flanders Red
aquariumdrinker

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Yes Thank you Nate!
sitting in the corner
Petedadink

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:09 am

Has the Pullman Brown Recipe show been put up on Itunes. I live in the Chicago area and that beer is Delicious. Really want to hear Jamil's take on brewing it. Thanks!
Jbell
"The Eternal Hoptimist"
jbell71464

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:20 am

jbell71464 wrote:Has the Pullman Brown Recipe show been put up on Itunes. I live in the Chicago area and that beer is Delicious. Really want to hear Jamil's take on brewing it. Thanks!

It will probably be another week before it is. Green Flash just went up this past Monday and they are typically 2 weeks apart.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Fri May 22, 2009 7:42 am

Just brewed up this clone. Calculated 102 IBUs. Gravity was a little high - 1.077.
Sexiest beer ever. Also the closest thing I'll get to green flash (or any San Diego Pale Ale for that matter) here in Kansas.
I feel like I need to brush my teeth after drinking a pint - in a good way.
Thank you so much for this recipe. Every time I'm in CO I always grab a few sixers and bombers of Green Flash brews. Now I just need to spend a buttload of money on ingredients!
Great recipe - highly recommended.
:asshat:
believe me: the secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and greatest enjoyment is — to live dangerously.
MF Tyler

Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm

I just listened to the podcast on the Green Flash and Am putting it into BeerSmith. I am still a bit new and learn new ingredients almost daily so here is my question. The grain that they skipped in the recipe was Carastan 30-37. Jamil said they have it at Northern Brewer. I checked the NB site and they have SIMPSONS CARAMALT 30-37. This is as close as I can get. Is the Carastan the same as Caramalt or did I just hear it wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
808BREW
Sergeant BN Army, Pacific Division
808brew

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:54 am

808brew wrote:I just listened to the podcast on the Green Flash and Am putting it into BeerSmith. I am still a bit new and learn new ingredients almost daily so here is my question. The grain that they skipped in the recipe was Carastan 30-37. Jamil said they have it at Northern Brewer. I checked the NB site and they have SIMPSONS CARAMALT 30-37. This is as close as I can get. Is the Carastan the same as Caramalt or did I just hear it wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

They're the same, I think carastan might be a trademarked name used by Baird's? Not sure.
Morebeer does have carastan though
RodMandrill

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:21 am

:bnarmy: Thanks Nate. Oh yea and Tasty and the other guy with the book. Just transfered this to the keg....what a taste / smell. Spot on
:bnarmy: :bnarmy: :bnarmy: :bnarmy: :bnarmy: :bnarmy: :!:

Primary : Swing Bridge IPA
On Tap: Tasty Celebration Ale, Robust Porter, APA, Hefe
Kegs on deck: West Coast IPA, Red Rocket clone,
MJHOPPS1

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Radio