Re: let it begin.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 am

Ozwald wrote:
Hessian Lake wrote:
I'd like some cool mountain air. At night it cools down here a bit (low 70s, high 60s) but the air usually just stops and get very humid. I've pretty much had my A/Cs on all day & night for 3 weeks.

And yeah, my old name was "RommelMagic". I love my avatar.

That's right, how you been?

I love the mountain air that moves in, but it really doesn't cool the place down as much as I'd like. I don't have a single window in this place that can accommodate an A/C unit, but I'm not far from getting a sheet of plywood & starting to get creative. The width is still going to be an issue, but maybe a smaller unit might fit. Of course this is Montana & it was still snowing in early June & winter will probably start working it's way back in another 6-8 weeks anyhow.

I've been well, thanks. I really need to get some brewing done. This heat has been keeping me from doing so, as well as life in general. It's gonna be a bitch since the tap water is getting into the mid 70s. I'll have to rig some sort of ice bath for chilling. Luckily I have a 7 port cold plate I got for really cheap that I'll have to find a use for.
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 pm

I am actually looking forward to clearing snow and driving on ice. However, with the drought, I have not had to mow my lawn in 2 months, because it is now DIRT!
Looking at the corn crop around here, boys buy all the meat you can store. The price is going to sky rocket. Most of the fields of corn here are 2 feet tall and fully tasseled out, without pollinated ears. Animal feed is already so high, farmers here are selling off their herds.
Wife went to buy a roast for Sunday dinner, 25$ for a center cut roast!
larry78cj7

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:31 am

larry78cj7 wrote:I am actually looking forward to clearing snow and driving on ice. However, with the drought, I have not had to mow my lawn in 2 months, because it is now DIRT!
Looking at the corn crop around here, boys buy all the meat you can store. The price is going to sky rocket. Most of the fields of corn here are 2 feet tall and fully tasseled out, without pollinated ears. Animal feed is already so high, farmers here are selling off their herds.
Wife went to buy a roast for Sunday dinner, 25$ for a center cut roast!

I hear ya there, I've been eating a lot more rice so I can still feed all the meat to my cat. Luckily the prices haven't gone up too badly here... yet. But I've got a couple beef shoulders in the freezer & I'm starting to plan out where I can get my elk this year. With the way the foothills are looking, I'm not too sure how high up I'm going to have to go to find them. We've even got fishing bans going on since the water's too hot for the trout & the populations aren't looking good. More like "A Trickle Runs Halfway Across It." With the minimal, unstable snowpack, the Gallatin & Madison raged muddy brown for a couple weeks and then dropped like a stone. Yellowstone even stepped up last week with more bans inside park boundaries. Not good.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:58 pm

larry78cj7 wrote:I live in the Ohio valley. It is the middle of December. Currently there is a thunderstorm. 10 years ago the ground would be frozen by now. Today I see lighting and hear thunder! I see green grass. I have seen bugs flying around. I may have to mow my lawn! WTF is happening!

What do you know? A year later and the same thing. It's december 4 and it was 74 degrees today. Thunderstorm expected in the next few hours. I have had to turn on my bug zapper.
larry78cj7

Previous

Return to Off Topic Stuff