Re: let it begin.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:58 am

Time to Talc up.[/quote]

I've got powder in places I've never seen. I'm a Jew and I look like a KKK member.
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:12 am

Kbar wrote:In Oregon, we only know humidity in the form od precipitation. Rain or dry. And what are bugs??

:)

Same in Montana. And bugs are those things down at the river that let you know which fly the trout are taking. :)
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:29 am

Kbar wrote:In Oregon, we only know humidity in the form od precipitation. Rain or dry. And what are bugs??

:)

Must be urban Oregon that doesn't have the bugs :wink: Mosquitoes and other biting bugs abound where the concrete isn't so thick.

Here on the coast, when it gets warm (granted, getting into the 80's is getting HOT here), the humidity that envelopes us becomes a lot more obvious...like a funking jungle. I definitely have to talc up before a bike commute to work.

That said, when we have regular 50 mile an hour winds during the other season, Fawinting, nobody hears about it, cuz it is indeed windy and wet here too often to make a great news story.
________

Brew for the future.
Drink in the moment.
BierTodd

Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 am

Alright I've had it. I'm hiring a lifeguard for my balls.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:04 pm

Ozwald wrote:Alright I've had it. I'm hiring a lifeguard for my balls.

I've been using baby lotion down there in the Netherlands. Might not keep 'em from sweating, but the chaffing is greatly decreased.
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:37 am

Hessian Lake wrote:

I've been using baby lotion down there in the Netherlands. Might not keep 'em from sweating, but the chaffing is greatly decreased.

At least we've been getting that cool mountain air moving in most nights. I keep the fan pumping it in on high all night. Makes it a little more bearable but it has stopped me from getting the new yeast starters going.

On a side note, that avatar is too familiar but I can't remember your old forum name for the life of me. Something with an 'R'?
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:18 am

Ozwald wrote:
Hessian Lake wrote:

At least we've been getting that cool mountain air moving in most nights. I keep the fan pumping it in on high all night. Makes it a little more bearable but it has stopped me from getting the new yeast starters going.

On a side note, that avatar is too familiar but I can't remember your old forum name for the life of me. Something with an 'R'?

I'd like some cool mountain air. At night it cools down here a bit (low 70s, high 60s) but the air usually just stops and get very humid. I've pretty much had my A/Cs on all day & night for 3 weeks.

And yeah, my old name was "RommelMagic". I love my avatar.
Ranger, West Point - Hessian Lake Division
Hessian Lake Brewing
Hessian Lake

Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:55 am

Hessian Lake wrote:
I'd like some cool mountain air. At night it cools down here a bit (low 70s, high 60s) but the air usually just stops and get very humid. I've pretty much had my A/Cs on all day & night for 3 weeks.

And yeah, my old name was "RommelMagic". I love my avatar.

That's right, how you been?

I love the mountain air that moves in, but it really doesn't cool the place down as much as I'd like. I don't have a single window in this place that can accommodate an A/C unit, but I'm not far from getting a sheet of plywood & starting to get creative. The width is still going to be an issue, but maybe a smaller unit might fit. Of course this is Montana & it was still snowing in early June & winter will probably start working it's way back in another 6-8 weeks anyhow.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff