Forumneeds a Travel section!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:24 am

I think a "travel" index in the forum would be great for BN'ers to post trips and seek local beer scene recommendations for various destinations across the U.S. and abroad.

I have a business trip that puts me in Sacramento for 1 night, November 14th. I would love to hit up a good beer bar or bottle shop. So any advise from the BN Army on the Sacramento area beer scene would be appreciated. I only have 1 night, so wouldn't want to waste it.

Thanks for any input on the Sacramento area. If there is enough interest in a Travel index, perhaps we could get code to create one.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Re: Forumneeds a Travel section!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 am

Definitely go to Rubicon. Pyramid is right off of the light-rail downtown. K-st. mall has sac-brewing co. and a few others if I remember correctly. Rubicon for sure, though. 2007 Capital Ave, I think.
Also, where will you be staying?
snowcapt

Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:02 pm

I like the idea. I usually post in one of the forums to find out what's up with where I'm going, but perhaps I'd like to plan a beercation based on BNArmy recommendations...
JerseyBrewer

Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:32 pm

What's the point....most BN Army folks can't go further than the county line, or in some cases further than their 'house arrest' jewlery will let them! :twisted:
Longer Strides and Better Beer!
lucybear999

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:56 am

Would it be possible to link in to some sort of custom BN google maps?
Sparge Pervert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:35 pm

snowcapt wrote:Definitely go to Rubicon. Pyramid is right off of the light-rail downtown. K-st. mall has sac-brewing co. and a few others if I remember correctly. Rubicon for sure, though. 2007 Capital Ave, I think.
Also, where will you be staying?

I agree. If you're downtown, Rubicon is your best bet. Pyramid is ok, but Rubicon is better and has a decent selection of guest beers usually as well. I think they had Evil Cousin on tap a week or two ago. If you can make it out to Folsom, Samuel Hornes is great. I've never been there myself, but Pangea Cafe, which is decently close to downtown, gets good reviews for their tap list and bottle selection as well.

The BeerMapping page for Sacramento outlines the locations for everything:
http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php?m=sacramento
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:37 pm

I saw that Rubicon is the only spot in Sac to get a pint of Evil Twin, as well.
Last edited by snowcapt on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowcapt

Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:24 pm

If your coming to New Hampshire, use the link in my signature. My blog has a page with the breweries, brewpubs, ect on it with links to their web sites. -Bill
Oddball Brewing Company - A nano start up in Pembroke NH http://www.oddbbrewing.com
NHbeerscene

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff