Beer Camp, send me please

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Long time listener, not so long time poster. I want to go to Beer Camp so I can brew a batch on their badass 10 bbl system. Who wouldn't want to do that? So I made a video with some of my friends:

http://www.sierrabeercamp.com/#/view-entries/294

Vote for me please. I'm positive my video is better than most of those on there. And my apologies to Gordon Strong. I hope you don't get upset with my parodic representation of you.

And here's the full length one (which I think is funnier). We had to cut it down to 2 minutes as per Beer Camp rules.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvgCdexwxL4
Last edited by Irrenarzt on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irrenarzt

Re: Beer Camp, send me please

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:07 pm

You might do better with a bit more of an introduction. Who are you, what do you like to brew, what sort of system, what are your hopes and dreams, do you know the :unicornrainbow: , etc, etc. Otherwise, I don't know you from some random fucktard that is trying to tap into the BN for votes, but isn't really a part of community. Let us get to know you, then we can decide whether we want to support you!
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:14 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:You might do better with a bit more of an introduction. Who are you, what do you like to brew, what sort of system, what are your hopes and dreams, do you know the :unicornrainbow: , etc, etc. Otherwise, I don't know you from some random fucktard that is trying to tap into the BN for votes, but isn't really a part of community. Let us get to know you, then we can decide whether we want to support you!

I believe that last year, when this came up, there was a 250 word essay about :unicornrainbow: for said requested vote.
Just sayin...
snowcapt

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:13 pm

OK fair enough. I'm not a poster here thus far as for some reason the IT fags at my work cockblock this site so I can only enjoy it at home and through the BN app but I do enjoy the BN tremendously so I'll give you all an intro about me. I usually listen to CYBI, Brew Strong and the Sunday Session on a regular basis (that pocket pussy shit last week was fun but I don't own a fleshlight). I've been brewing about 5 years and have won many medals in New Mexico and in my adjoining states. I'm the president of my local homebrew club and I've got a single tier Brutus like system I brew on that I built all by myself. Here's a few pics:

Here's an old pic of my rig that I built myself (after brewing a stout so it's a bit of a mess):

Rig was updated recently with some new valves and various upgrades and is working very well.

I have tons of fun brew gear. Here's a pic of a Zopinator that I built. You continuously hop a boil ALA DFH60/75/90/120 IPA's. Fun device but I don't use it too much.

Here's a 20 liter oak barrel I got from a distillery in TX. Age beers in there for tasty vanilla/oak notes.

Bulk grain, I usually buy 100 pounds at as time.

Cornies, I have 12 total as I have a decent pipeline.

New boil kettle, just welded the fitting on last week:

I don't really know anything about the :unicornrainbow: so I can't really comment but it seems kind of gay to me. I hope y'all aren't a bunch of fruitcakes around here.

Back to some pics:

Motorized grain mill I fabbed.

Rye IPA ALA Alpine Nelson:

Updated control panel, CNC milled:

English IPA mashing:

5 keg keezer:

Hit me up if you have any questions. I'm glad to grovel for your votes...
Irrenarzt

Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:42 am

Irrenarzt wrote:I don't really know anything about the :unicornrainbow: so I can't really comment but it seems kind of gay to me. I hope y'all aren't a bunch of fruitcakes around here.

I think that right there negates the 'long time listener' part. Just sayin'.

Nice set up, I've been wanting to get my hands on a barrel that size for a while now. I can't say I've ever seen one from a commercial place, only the brand new ones that are being sold by a couple different companies.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:20 am

Ozwald wrote:
Irrenarzt wrote:I don't really know anything about the :unicornrainbow: so I can't really comment but it seems kind of gay to me. I hope y'all aren't a bunch of fruitcakes around here.

I think that right there negates the 'long time listener' part. Just sayin'.

Nice set up, I've been wanting to get my hands on a barrel that size for a while now. I can't say I've ever seen one from a commercial place, only the brand new ones that are being sold by a couple different companies.

I've heard them mention the rainbows and unicorns but frankly I try to tune all that fag shit out. I prefer to focus on the beer.

The barrels I get are from a distillery in Texas called Balcones that makes blue corn whiskey. It's mighty tasty stuff if you can find it. I like their Baby Blue, which is the younger of their offerings. If you look on Homebrewtalk, they have group buys occasionally. I think they are about 120 shipped.
Irrenarzt

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:54 am

Wow... you're really not scoring points here dude.

Irrenarzt wrote:I've heard them mention the rainbows and unicorns but frankly I try to tune all that fag shit out. I prefer to focus on the beer.

Just a tip... if people mention the :unicornrainbow: in a positive light and you shit all over it you're not going to win any votes.
theobrew

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 am

theobrew wrote:Wow... you're really not scoring points here dude.

Irrenarzt wrote:I've heard them mention the rainbows and unicorns but frankly I try to tune all that fag shit out. I prefer to focus on the beer.

Just a tip... if people mention the :unicornrainbow: in a positive light and you shit all over it you're not going to win any votes.

OK cool. Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it.

I understand that people will be reluctant to accept a noob into a new place without them proving themselves. I assure everyone that I'm no flash in the pan, fly by night thief of your support. Watch the videos and judge for yourself. That's all I can ask.

I'm a homebrewer first and foremost. Just like the lot of everyone here I imagine. And the BN rocks. I'm wearing my IPA athlete shirt today (and I'm no athlete as evidenced by my fat ass).

I've been bugging them to make more 3xl Brew Strong shirts. No luck yet.
Irrenarzt

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff