brewerssupplygroup.com

Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 am

Hmm.. anyone find it odd that a company that

do not sell directly to clubs or individuals.

is sponsoring this weeks show? I know that the show needs sponsors - but umm, kinda counter productive.

Just my .02 - let the flames begin!
Jay

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:01 am

Uh, no. Jay, do I need to explain capitalism to you? Seriously, this is high school economics.

#1. Justin has this company that supplies supply stores that homebrewers use. There are some products that we may not buy without this (sorry, Justin) advertisement.

#2. Education of homebrewers of uses and types of grain can further raise the sales of this company by sparking interest in brewing.

#3. Let's compare NPR to the TBN. There are sponsors or "patrons" of NPR that has nothing to do with their broadcasts. At least this week's guest and for that matter Hopunion, which does not sell directly to consumers, are directly involved with homebrewing.

Jay, you're a good dude. Are you f'ing with me?

Darin
Gucci Pilot

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:48 am

give em' hell Gucc!!!

But really, I was looking at their website. There are lots of things(products) that are used in the Pro-brewing world that we as homebrewer's don't generally hear about.

Just from a knowledge standpoint this info would be great, but for anybody thinking of going pro, this facet of the brewing world needs to be explored. We've had great feedback when we've featured the "Going Pro" option on the BN.

Oh, and we need the money...
Cheers,
Dr Scott

Beer colder than your Mom, Whiskey older than your Dad...
Dr Scott

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:13 pm

Doc, give Olin Schultz and Chris Graham time. Someday, we'll get all of their products off of their website. Especially, back to capitalism rant, if us homebrewers ask for it.
Gucci Pilot

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:14 pm

I totaly understand that the brewing network needs money to operate.

I'm just pointing out that this particular sponsor dose NOT support the homebrewer or homebrew clubs. Yes they sell brewing equipment and some at I'm sure are good prices, but bring it back full circle to the homebrewer.

Okay - not every homebrewer requires pro-level stuff, however there are some homebrewers out there that want to be able to brew larger batches, are they pro's no...

As I said in the beginning - I understand that the brewing network requires sponsors to operate - that's basic business.
Jay

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Cool, man. Sorry to sound like an ass (or like JP). Welcome to the forum. The thing is that if there is interest, brewers supply group will somehow get it to those who are willing to buy it.
Gucci Pilot

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:18 pm

If Hamas decided to sponsor a brewing network show, I'd be in favor of it. Whatever keeps the power on.
Last edited by linuxelf on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Steve

Kegged: "Old Nimrod" American Barleywine
Kegged: Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Amber
linuxelf

Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:25 pm

Yeah, linux, I heard that they are craaazy in the alcoholic department. Party on, Hamas!
Gucci Pilot

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff