Re: What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Klickitat Jim wrote:Brewing sour beer and sipping a Black Butte

I had Cutthroat on my last brew day. Both are nice porters.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:49 pm

Haven't tried that one yet
Klickitat Jim

Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:03 pm

My Patersbier and IPA.
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:01 pm

2nd Shift Katy. One dimensional sour but nice to demonstrate what flavor Brett L can produce. Tart cherry impression and at 5.4 abv good for these 100 degree evenings.
Brian
KCMO
mobrewer

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 am

mobrewer wrote:2nd Shift Katy. One dimensional sour but nice to demonstrate what flavor Brett L can produce. Tart cherry impression and at 5.4 abv good for these 100 degree evenings.

Yikes...that is way too hot for my tastes.
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Invited my bosses out for dinner tonight (by bosses, I mean a married couple). Even though I invited them & never told them the occasion (my annual birthday dinner), they insisted on paying for everything. My $50 amazing steak, the scotch, the multiple $30 single pours of Midleton's Very Rare or the numerous craft beers we shared all night.

And now I'm back home. Drinking PBR. Getting ready for my Monday tomorrow.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Finally cracked open the 2010 Imperial Berlinner Weisse (Lips of Faith) that I've been hording. Should've opened it a year ago.

It wasn't bad, but it definitely didn't age well. When I had it fresh at the brewery, it was amazing. After 5 years it was noticeably oxidized, had a brett note that wasn't there before which made it taste... less clean?... than it did before. The brett that showed up also took away from the crisp sourness it had when it was fresh.

All the more reinforcing my belief that a Berlinner should not have any Brett in it, what so ever.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 am

Ozwald wrote:Finally cracked open the 2010 Imperial Berlinner Weisse (Lips of Faith) that I've been hording. Should've opened it a year ago.

It wasn't bad, but it definitely didn't age well. When I had it fresh at the brewery, it was amazing. After 5 years it was noticeably oxidized, had a brett note that wasn't there before which made it taste... less clean?... than it did before. The brett that showed up also took away from the crisp sourness it had when it was fresh.

All the more reinforcing my belief that a Berlinner should not have any Brett in it, what so ever.

Interesting, as I have brewed BW's both with and without brett in them, and I too prefer them without brett as the flavor does come across as more crisp and lactic clean. My latest one (no boil) soured for 6 mos in a keg and tastes awesome right now. Lots of bready, doughy wheat malt with a lemony, yogurt lactic acidity. Great for hot summer days!
brewinhard
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff