Moving Sucks!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Moving is always a pain. This time I have to move from out here in the sticks to the middle of Omaha. :cry:
I've always disliked living in large metro areas having lived in Kansas City, Denver, and Portland. Now I find myself moving to a city I usually go out of my way to avoid. I now have a job in Omaha and have been spending over $300/month on gas just to get to work. :shock:

On the positive side, however, I have found a funky little house in a decent part of town only 2 miles from work. I now have a garage to brew in! My brewing has been pretty stagnant for the past couple years but now I can get rolling again. :) About another month and I will be ready to brew again.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Re: Moving Sucks!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:55 pm

Yeah, my brewing took a 2 week hiatus while I moved. SWMBO didn't let me brew until we got totally unpacked.
EGADS! 3 MONTHS WITHOUT BREWING? MOVING YOU SUCK.... NEVER AGAIN

In Kegerator - Hopfen Weiss, Best Bitter
In Primary - Baby Baine Barleywine
Next up: Petite Saison
thatguy314

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:14 pm

I feel for ya. This will be the first fall since 2005 that I have not moved, and it feels great! However, I did move my parents and grandparents stuff twice this summer in and out of flood areas so I guess that almost makes up for it.
sharkmuncher

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Congrats on the new brewhouse! That $300 will go a long way for some brew or new equipment. If I remember correctly, we have virtually the same system, so Im guessing it would all go to ingredients! :shock: I even use the steps, too!
I was also curious about how you transfer from kettle to fermenter. Falsebottom? Auto siphon? Pouring?
Again, congrats on moving into the new brewhouse and here's to stagnant-free brewing!
:jnj
snowcapt

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Congrats Bug. I can't wait to have a garage to brew in, my studio apartment is quite the challenge for brewing. How do you spend $300 on gas when you are 2 miles from work?
Afterlab

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:18 pm

I too am moving..actually moving on Wednesday and Will finally have a garage of my own to brew in! Can't wait for that...but I agree moving sucks...even though I have done it at least 10 times..
Stinkfist

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 am

Congrats on the new job and pad Bug! At least they have a half decent beer scene in Omaha. :jnj
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:52 am

Got a move in the works myself. Just bought a new house with a 2 car heated garage and finished basement. Looking forward to figuring out some new configurations for my brew days. Meanwhile trying to get a few kegs filled so the move doesn't leave me high and dry! 8)
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Off Topic Stuff