Re: Asshat

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Are you familiar with the short lived scifi show Firefly?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13226

I'm not sure which episode, but its been adapted from there.
Capt. Pushy, BN Army Corps of Engineers
(not to be confused with Push E.)

Building a Better World Through Beer
Brew Engineer

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:24 pm

seanhagerty wrote:
Sheen wrote:
RJH311 wrote:So question from a relative newcomer.... where did the asshat come from? :asshat:

Linuxelf's wife :asshat:

Thats not right.

She didn't knit that?
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1570
Last edited by Sent From My iPhone on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent From My iPhone

Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Sheen wrote:
seanhagerty wrote:
Sheen wrote:Linuxelf's wife :asshat:

Thats not right.

She didn't knit that?

I know the "term" asshat didn't come from his wife... but I thought the actual hat that is floating around the army came from her. :asshat:
Corporal, BN Army

"It's a lot like being drunk."
"What's wrong with that?"
"Ask a glass of water..."
-Douglas Adams
Dubba_Brew

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Alright... fine. Pay attention. Here's the story of the :asshat: ... (If anything is wrong, feel free to correct me)

Years ago, Lufah posted a picture of himself wearing an orange yarn hat (made by his wife) which was a replica of the hat seen on the TV show Firefly.

In the picture, Lufah looked particularly ridiculous. As in true BN fashion, we let him know how ridiculous he looked and promptly ridiculed him (all in good fun).

After a little while, the picture of Lufah became so talked about, that Lufah made it his avatar (still is, in fact... memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42).

As a joke, a few of the forums members decided to add the :asshat: to their avatars as well. As the phenomenon has gained more and more of a following, it has become a badge of honor for forums users to have the :asshat: on their avatar. Usually guys who were prolific with Photoshop were asked to make proper adjustments (ie: linuxelf).

Now you know.

And yes, linuxelf's wife makes the hats.
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:31 pm

I wasnt gonna spill any beans, but make them determine the origin on their own.

You sir, are kinder than I.

Sean
Three out of four people make up 75% of the worlds population.

Sean's Brewery & House of Ill Repute
seanhagerty

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:58 pm

He DID find out on his own. He asked and received. :)

:asshat:
Primary: Nada Damn Thing IPA
Secondary: ESB
Kegged: Jack Schittenweiss
BigNastyBrew

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:15 pm

Thirsty Mallard wrote:Alright... fine. Pay attention. Here's the story of the :asshat: ... (If anything is wrong, feel free to correct me)

Years ago, Lufah posted a picture of himself wearing an orange yarn hat (made by his wife) which was a replica of the hat seen on the TV show Firefly.

In the picture, Lufah looked particularly ridiculous. As in true BN fashion, we let him know how ridiculous he looked and promptly ridiculed him (all in good fun).

After a little while, the picture of Lufah became so talked about, that Lufah made it his avatar (still is, in fact... memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42).

As a joke, a few of the forums members decided to add the :asshat: to their avatars as well. As the phenomenon has gained more and more of a following, it has become a badge of honor for forums users to have the :asshat: on their avatar. Usually guys who were prolific with Photoshop were asked to make proper adjustments (ie: linuxelf).

Now you know.

And yes, linuxelf's wife makes the hats.

Wow you are felling generous today! Better man than me!
http://www.embracethefunk.com <----My Sour Beer Website

PRIVATE FIRST CLASS- The BN Army: Dirty South Squadron
Proud 2010 Fallen Soldier Winner
Proud 2009 Caller of the Year Nominee

POLLO ASADO!
Brandon

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:42 pm

You guys are all such a bunch of asshats. :roll:
Dave

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our Maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about... BEER!" - Friar Tuck (Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves)
dmtaylor

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff