request for unused user name

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:56 am

Moderators,

I attempted to register the user name "MNBrewer", however, someone had it currently registered. I settled for "MNBrew" upon the initial registration. I did a quick look up of the user name and he/she has not posted anything since May 18, 2007. Is it possible to remove the "one" post made by the previous user, 5 minutes after their initial registration, and for myself to obtain the user name "MNBrewer"?

thank you,
MNBrew
I was told you are what you eat, so I drink Stone "Arrogant Bastard"
MNBrew

Re: request for unused user name

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:27 am

MNBrew wrote:Moderators,

I attempted to register the user name "MNBrewer", however, someone had it currently registered. I settled for "MNBrew" upon the initial registration. I did a quick look up of the user name and he/she has not posted anything since May 18, 2007. Is it possible to remove the "one" post made by the previous user, 5 minutes after their initial registration, and for myself to obtain the user name "MNBrewer"?

thank you,

I understand where you're coming from, but we don't delete accounts or remove posts unless they seriously cross boundaries. I can attempt to contact this person, but if I don't get a response, the account stays as it is. That's the best I can do, sorry.
code
codewritinfool

Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:06 pm

codewritinfool wrote:but we don't delete accounts or remove posts unless they seriously cross boundaries.

While unlikely that this person is a listener that just never comes to the forum, we do have people showing up in here all the time that listen to archives, but don't participate in the :asshat: -ery that goes on in here.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks code and spider.
MNBrew
I was told you are what you eat, so I drink Stone "Arrogant Bastard"