Forum is blocked at work!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Code, help me please. A year ago the company I work for blocked me from the BN forum with their web filter. You suggested I try Terrencetheblack to get in and bingo, I was back. Now they have blocked that too and I can't find any link that will bring me here when I'm at work. Is there another back door entry :shock: to the site or another work around of some kind? I'm gonna go insane without the BN forum to get me through my work day.
A woman drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy to thank her-W.C. Fields
scotchpine

Re: Forum is blocked at work!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:29 pm

You might try a proxy server, like https://freepublicproxy.org/.

You could always get a 3G/4G device and use that.
code
codewritinfool

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 am

That's dedication.
mtyquinn

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 am

You could always sleep with the IT guy :unicornrainbow:

or at least offer them some homebrew. :mrgreen:
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 am

Maybe the other way in doesntvwork anymore is cuz they saw you were spending 90% of your time at that address :-). Maybe they are trying not to fire you lol. I bet if you found another way they would eventually block that as well it is pretty easy to keep track of workers activities on the web if they want
Stinkfist

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Stinkfist wrote:Maybe the other way in doesntvwork anymore is cuz they saw you were spending 90% of your time at that address :-). Maybe they are trying not to fire you lol. I bet if you found another way they would eventually block that as well it is pretty easy to keep track of workers activities on the web if they want

+1. Welcome to my world! Teaching and brew forums simply do not mesh apparently....shame!
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 pm

I'm self employed, and I usually work from home, that makes me my own IT guy

...unfortunately, I'm shitty at doling out benefits :( I have a crappy healthcare plan, and currently no retirement.

but I can hit up youjizz.com at 10am if I want :mrgreen:
triple-oh_six :bnarmy:

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:02 pm

triple-oh-six wrote:I'm self employed, and I usually work from home, that makes me my own IT guy

...unfortunately, I'm shitty at doling out benefits :( I have a crappy healthcare plan, and currently no retirement.

but I can hit up youjizz.com at 10am if I want :mrgreen:

man I miss working from home...it was the best! though I actually think I spent more time working than I normally would...which is weird...lol but I would do work when I normally wouldn't...
Stinkfist

Return to Support