Re: Some people just can't be converted

Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:42 pm

humpadilo wrote:So, my wife, kid, and I went to my aunt's house last night. My cousin, her kids, and husband were there. So I decided to take two bombers to let them try my beer. One was a pale ale and the other a blonde. My cousin's husband tried it and didn't say much. He then grabbed a Coors Light out of the fridge. My aunt's husband said, "I only like Coors Original" then he poured some blonde in a glass and put salt in it....... I walked away. He said he didn't like it and it should be more like Coors Original. I don't think I will bother with trying to convince them. Salt!?!? Really!?!?

Who cares? More for us!
JoeBeer100

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:07 pm

It gets frustrating when people ask what that nice/strange/unusual, fruit like but not sweet flavor and aroma is coming from to which the answer is "hops, they get thrown in for bitterness, flavor and aroma" and the number of times the reply to that is "Why would you do that?"
Dipshits.
Fermenting; manuka smoked barley wine, 3203 red ale.
Bottled; too many,
Kegged; 60/-
On Deck; Count ding dong and inbred ding dong, belgian dark strong with/out brett.
Building; single tier brew system
j1m1

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:11 am

humpadilo wrote:So, my wife, kid, and I went to my aunt's house last night. My cousin, her kids, and husband were there. So I decided to take two bombers to let them try my beer. One was a pale ale and the other a blonde. My cousin's husband tried it and didn't say much. He then grabbed a Coors Light out of the fridge. My aunt's husband said, "I only like Coors Original" then he poured some blonde in a glass and put salt in it....... I walked away. He said he didn't like it and it should be more like Coors Original. I don't think I will bother with trying to convince them. Salt!?!? Really!?!?

I say just fine...more beer for us. :drink

Seriously, not everyone has to like good beer or any beer at all. You gave it an honest shot, so there's no need to keep trying.
DrWill

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:44 am

DrWill wrote:

I say just fine...more beer for us. :drink

Seriously, not everyone has to like good beer or any beer at all. You gave it an honest shot, so there's no need to keep trying.

Fuck that, everyone I know has to like good beer or they're on the Dead to me list.
Bobbie Dooley

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:40 pm

I am definitely calling it quits trying to convert him. I think he is a lost call. It just makes me sad people not wanting to enjoy the good things in life. Oh well. Like you said,"More for us"!
humpadilo

Previous

Return to General Beer Related