Beer Obsession

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 am

So yesterday, I went to track down some Terrapin White Chocolate Milk Stout. They said they would be selling it at 5. When I got to the beer store at 5:30, they were sold out. Some people had showed up at 4 and others had followed the delivery truck. I've heard of people going to great links to get some Heady Topper and others crying when Russian River ran out of growlers to fill. Isn't all this a bit ridiculous? Is beer the new Xbox or I phone?
hoodie

Re: Beer Obsession

Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:55 am

It's is the key to anything, create a cult following/super special release, get rich. People really are sheep, I think I am a borderline sheep :)

They has a keg of piney here last year, people lined up 5 hrs in advance and it sold out in minutes...
NervousDad

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:15 pm

NervousDad wrote:It's is the key to anything, create a cult following/super special release, get rich. People really are sheep, I think I am a borderline sheep :)

They has a keg of piney here last year, people lined up 5 hrs in advance and it sold out in minutes...

Baaa-aaa--*hic*-aaaahhh, fuck it. :wink:

Those drunk sheep can be a real bitch to get off your lawn.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Mutton for dinner.

Founder's CBS was like that... people took off work to follow the truck. The owner of the shop took the last two bottles and put them in the rare wine cabinet. Marked one at $49.99 and one at $69.99, mostly as a goof, but they sold.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:44 pm

This is why it's good to all the people at the liquor stores on a 1st name basis. They set aside my beer and put the rest out for the sheep.
Effingbeer

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Even though I will be camping out for Pliny the Younger I prefer homebrew to any pro brew, even if it's crappy homebrew. There is no way you can convince me anything from a 10 plus barrel system is "handcrafted". Homebrew is always different from stuff the stores sell and it's chocked full of LOVE!

I love to feel another homebrewer's love in my mouth hole, going down my throat and inside of me.

The main reason I'm camping out for Pliny the Younger is because I've never camped out for anything before, like concert tickets or iphones or whatever and I just want to experience it.
ScottyB-Brewing

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm

I ended up finding a bottle after all. But only after going to 5 different liquor stores. I guess I'm a sheep too. Though I don't think I'll be standing in line on Black Friday for Bourbon County Stout, but who knows.
hoodie

Return to General Beer Related