Shutdown means no new beer from craft brewers?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:24 pm

code
codewritinfool

Re: Shutdown means no new beer from craft brewers?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:52 pm

If that's the worst thing to happen then consider yourselves lucky.
peas_and_corn

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:52 am

My kid was told she couldn't be hired for her new job until the gov. opens up. Nice job politicians.
Effingbeer

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:20 am

I just wish they'd stop pointing fingers & bringing the parties into it. Guess what D.C., as groups you're all at fault & you're all fucking idiots. The only thing worse than a Democrat is a Republican and the only thing worse than a Republican is a Democrat.

I read a short article this morning called Psychology 101. I'm not convinced it has to do with the current situation as much as the more generalized situation, but the author seemed to think so. It was somewhat humorous, yet 'insightful' for lack of a better term.

paraphrasing wrote:As a scientist, you place 5 monkeys in a tall cage. You then introduce a banana at the top and a set of stairs to provide access to the banana. Eventually one of the monkeys is going to go for the banana. Immediately you hose down the other 4 with cold water. After a while another monkey tries & you again spray down the 'non offenders' with cold water. Pretty soon when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the others will try to prevent it.

Now, put away the cold water, remove 1 monkey from the enclosure & introduce a new monkey. Naturally he's going to want the banana & to his surprise the other 4 beat the shit out of him when he tries for it. After another attempt & attack, he learns if he tries to climb the stairs he will be assaulted.

Next remove another one of the original monkeys & replace him with a new monkey. The new comer goes to the stairs, is assaulted & the previous new comer takes part in the punishment, with enthusiasm because he is now a part of the team.

One by one, replace each of the 3 remaining 'originals' & see the process repeat. Before long you have an entire new set of monkeys, not one knows why they are not permitted to climb the stairs nor has any of them been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, none will attempt to climb the stairs. Because in their minds, this is just the way it has always been.

The last little bit got political saying stuff about term limits, replacing Congress all at once, yada yada - stuff that doesn't need to be repeated here. I enjoyed the story more than the point he was using it to make so I thought I'd share... and the applicable comment someone posted about it:

Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 am

Ozwald wrote:

Fuck that Lee.... you couldn't be more off base. Monkeys are intelligent little bastards. :D
I'm sick of chasing my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later.
tlael

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:28 am

Very true. Intelligent & organized. Kinda not like that. Oh well, it wasn't my comment, but it made me giggle :unicornrainbow:
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:39 am

This is what the current debate seems like to me.

"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Thanks Dirk, Classic! Haven't seen that in years!
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Next

Return to General Beer Related