Help Needed

Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:27 am

I am going to be brewing my fourth batch of beer in about 2 weeks and I need a little help. I want to do a rye ale but I want to add some light fruit flavors and some good fruit aroma. I'm not sure of the exact recipe yet (thinking about just adding to whatever recipe my local homebrew shop suggests. Main point is I don't know how to add the fruit aroma more than flavor. Is it even feasible with a rye ale or even at all?

I was talking to friend who suggested freezing the fruit the night before and then adding it to the beer once I've racked it.

Any thoughts I would love!! Cheers!

:aaron :pop
Cheers, Make Sure to Suck What You Want, When You Want, Where You Want, and Especially Who You Want. - fungus
beer_fungus

Re: Help Needed

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

What kind of fruits were you thinking of using. For many fruits, there are some really good purees out there. They are all flash pasteurized so sanitation isn't nearly as much of a concern. I have also just added some fruits to the fermentor at the end of fermentation (not quite done, but just about there so the yeast are still active in the beer).
BN Army : Cannon Fodder Division

"Risk of failure should be no deterrent to trying"
NateBrews

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing