sparge with mash?

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:11 pm

can i take my mash and bring it up to 170, then put it back in my lauter and use both in a boil? i thought i read about this somewhere, but after a few google searches and looking through all of my brewing books, i guess i was wrong. would this work at all, trying to get back to all grain(sold ALL of my pots after being unemployed to long) and all i have is a 21quart pot and my igloo lauter tun.

another question along with this, could i do a step mash with the same wort, and putting it back the lauter and finally to the sparge temp at the end? will the sugars continue to be extracted and make it out at the end of the sparge, or will i be losing them along the way?
jrb.android

Re: sparge with mash?

Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:46 am

Try plugging this into your search engine lots of talk about it all over. Reiterated Mash technique byo
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing