Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:57 am

Go ahead and take a gravity reading now. That will let you know where your at. Let us know that and we can help you with what to do next.

Travis
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:39 pm

The bubbles from primary could have been co2 coming out of solution. My guess is that your beer is done and you have nothing to worry about. But I've been know for being wrong...
"I feel sorry for those who don't drink because when they get up in the morning that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
— Frank Sinatra
Lars

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:13 pm

Lufah wrote:Go ahead and take a gravity reading now. That will let you know where your at. Let us know that and we can help you with what to do next.

Travis

Alright, just took the dry hops out and took a gravity reading of 1.014 (OG was 1.057).

That seems pretty good to me, comes to 4.42 %ABV. What say ye?

*Oh, and by the way I just noticed I posted this under all-grain even though this is a partial mash... oops, sorry. Move it if you like.
Sergeant, BN Army!

Member of the Mid-State Brew Crew
Techie101

Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:12 pm

You should be alright. Might be a little sweet, but shouldn't be to bad.

Travis

PS.....I'll move the thread over.
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:54 am

have you got activity back now the hop bag is out? might still come down a couple of points.
kegged-one light summer ale
kegged- one ordinary bitter
bottled- celebration ale
fermenting- ordinary bitter
brewsters millionths

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:56 am

brewsters millionths wrote:have you got activity back now the hop bag is out? might still come down a couple of points.

Nope, still not bubbling at all. I think I'm going to give it until this weekend and just bottle it up and see how it tastes.
Sergeant, BN Army!

Member of the Mid-State Brew Crew
Techie101

Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:20 pm

bet it will turn out great. let us know.
kegged-one light summer ale
kegged- one ordinary bitter
bottled- celebration ale
fermenting- ordinary bitter
brewsters millionths

Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:42 pm

When you rack, you lose Co2 out of the beer. It does take the yeast a bit to saturate the beer again.

Another side note: The beer primarily ferments off of the yeast that is suspended, not that that has settled.
Danno

PreviousNext

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing