Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:16 am

Danno wrote:Another side note: The beer primarily ferments off of the yeast that is suspended, not that that has settled.

I agree. However when you rack off the yeast bed you lose the ability to stir that yeast back into suspension if you fermentation becomes stuck.

Travis
A very silly place... http://yarnzombie.net/Travis/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza.
-Dave Barry
Lufah

Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:45 am

With his stated OG and last SG that's ~75% apparent attenuation. WLP001 is quoted as 73-80%, so not bad and could be done. I'd take another SG before bottling. If it's still the same, bottle it. If it drops a little, give a few more days.
BDogD

Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:10 pm

Alright, I'm able to get back on the forum now...

I gave it a good shake and took the dry hops out and set it aside, it's bubbling slowly now. Hopefully I can rack and bottle today or tomorrow.

I'm going to try and time it so that while my Oatmeal stout is boiling i'll rack and bottle so that I can pitch the stout on to this yeast cake. It'll be an Oatmeal Stout with WLP001 so... dunno how that will come out, but we'll see.
Sergeant, BN Army!

Member of the Mid-State Brew Crew
Techie101

Previous

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing