6:30PM – 9:30PM
Fri. February 12, 2021
The Brewing Network is proud to host this year’s first ever California Craft Beer Week opening night kickoff event! Craft beer luminaries and emerging brewers will be toasting and roasting and talking about California’s craft history — and how the state has and continues to make history — driving the IPA explosion and leading the way with never-ending style innovation. You can view it right here on The Brewing Network, or on our Facebook Live page.
Start 6:30 PM:
Live with The Brewing Network, with founder Justin Crossley as Master of Ceremonies
Opening Toast: Toasting the tradition of Beer Week
- Natalie and Vinnie Cilurzo, Russian River Brewing Co.
- Jay Brooks, Mercury News, Author, Co-Founder, San Francisco Beer Week
Headliner Conversation: Being a rebel when it matters & California’s international influence
- Greg Koch, Stone Brewing
- David Walker, Firestone Walker Brewing Co.
Discussion: The Resurgence & Reinvention of the IPA
- Tim Sciascia, Cellarmaker Brewing Co.
- Chuck SIlva, Silva Brewing Co.
Bold Pairings for Bold Beers
Brewers and Cicerones™ join Whole Foods Market’s Certified Cheese Professional Stephanie Foss to talk best pairings for challenging styles like a hazy IPA or pastry stout. Presented by Whole Foods Market. Advance videos, beer-and-cheese pairing guide, and in-store cheese coupon at: https://cacraftbeerweek.com/cheese
- Beny Ashburn, Crowns & Hops
- Teo Hunter, Crowns & Hops
- Sayre Piotrkowski, HenHouse Brewing Co.
- Andy Crocker, Original Pattern Brewing Co.
Style Innovation Is California’s Middle Name
- Kim Sturdavant, Pacifica Brewery
- Alexandra Nowell, Three Weavers Brewing Co.
- Derek Gallanosa, Moska Brewing Co.
- Jonas Nemura, Radiant Brewing Co.
Open Session: Sharing & Staying Connected in an Outlier Year
- Shaun O’Sullivan, 21s Amendment Brewery
- Dave McLean, Admiral Maltings
- with Jay Brooks and the craft community